Though ageing is a natural process and it is inevitable but it is easy to keep the signs of ageing at bay by adopting healthy lifestyle and through proper skin care. It will help in delaying the ageing signs like fine lines, sagging skin, age spots, wrinkles and crow’s feet.
You can adopt some of the beauty secrets which will help to keep your skin look younger and fresh for longer which will take away several years from your actual age especially from your face. So here are the 7 beauty secrets unveiled;
- Adopt a good and regular skin care regimen
Regardless of your age, it is very important to maintain a regular skin care regimen to keep your skin healthy and young. If your skin will remain healthy, it will not show the early signs of ageing.
- Use gentle cleanser for daily cleansing your face in morning as well as at night. This will remove any dirt and debris from your skin keeping it fresh and healthy looking free of clogged pores. When choosing the cleanser, always look for the one with low alcohol content and other drying components.
- Make use of a good and quality moisturizer to apply on your face, hands, neck and feet twice a day. This will keep your skin hydrated and will prevent drying.
- Use gentle facial scrub for skin exfoliation once in a week. This will help in removing dead skin cells and will renew the cells, rejuvenating your skin and giving it glowing appearance.
- Sensibly choose the skin care products
Many people does not know about their skin and use the wrong skin care products which can lead to dryness, itching and irritation of skin but luckily it is easy to rectify this mistake.
- Carefully analyze your T-zone to determine the type of your skin and then choose appropriate skin care products but avoid the use of too many cosmetic products.
- When you cross your mid-20s, use the skin care products having retinol, peptides and anti-oxidants as active ingredients. Retinol helps in stimulating collagen and elastin production. Peptides also stimulate collagen and repair of cells while antioxidants provide protection to the skin from sun damage and accelerate natural system of skin repair.
If you still feel doubtful about which products to use, you can consult dermatologist who can help you in choosing the right products for your skin type.
- Use an ultimate anti-ageing tool
Yes it’s sunscreen that is highly recommended by beauty experts. Whether its summer or winter, rainy or autumn season never leave your house without applying sunscreen to exposed body areas.
Excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun can lead to skin damage particularly its elastin and collagen. This can further cause formation of age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dryness and roughness of skin. Use SPF 15 or above daily irrespective of season on all the exposed areas of your body.
- Are you getting your beauty sleep?
If not then start getting 7 to 8 hours of proper sleep daily which will help you in keeping younger for years. In fact, sleeping is considered to be one of the most powerful treatments for mind and body rejuvenation.
During sleep, the level of adrenaline and corticosteroid drops and body accelerates the production of growth hormones. This is the period when the growth and repair of cells take place. If you are not able to get proper and enough sleep, this body function is obstructed leading to skin inflammation that causes an appearance of many ageing signs like dull complexion, fine lines and wrinkles.
In order to improve your sleeping time and pattern, adopt a consistent bedtime, avoid taking any of the caffeinated beverages before going to bed and if possible take a warm bath by adding few drops of essential oils before bedtime and sleep on the right pillows and mattress.
- Adopt a daily exercise schedule
Exercising is not just good for your body but also for your mind. With regular exercise, blood flow improves which keeps your skin healthy and glowing. It also helps in regulating the hormones and improves sleep.
Develop a habit of doing some kind of physical activity for 20 to 30 minutes every day such as running, walking, dancing, gardening, cycling and even the household work. Aerobics and Yoga are also excellent exercises.
- Take the right diet
If you want super healthy skin, take healthy diet. So think seriously about what you are in-taking on daily basis. For slowing down the process of ageing, following are the key tips;
- Take foods rich in anti-oxidants like blueberries, cranberries, beans, artichokes, Oranges etc. These help in increasing cellular regeneration and prevent loss of collagen thus restoring the firmness of your skin and keep it free from wrinkles.
- Take sufficient amount of essential fatty acids such as the ones in flex seeds and fatty fish. These are the healthy fats which help in repair of skin tissues and their proper functioning. They also help in promoting mental health.
- Take 5 fruits and vegetables servings and 3 whole grains servings every day. This will fulfil the need of all the essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in your body.
- Drink plenty of water
The foundation of young and youthful skin is water. To keep your skin hydrated and moisturized drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily. It helps to flush out the toxins from your body as well as improve your digestion, energy and concentration levels. Lack of proper water intake often leads to dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, dull skin and chapped lips. Also include lots of fresh juices of fruits and vegetables in your diet to give a youthful freshness and radiance to your skin.
Follow these simple and easy beauty tips, minus the stress from your life and add laughter which will help you in enjoying, feeling and staying younger for longer.