Bright, glowing and clean skin is considered to a be a sign of good health and beauty. Due to this people often seek to lighten their skin colour. Dark, dull and dry skin can be a result of excessive sun exposure, environmental dirt, distress, some medical condition, wrong use of skin care products or poor lifestyle.
The skin care products market is flooded with huge variety of skin lightening products which people frequently use to lighten their skin tone and achieve flawless skin. These products often have high concentrations of harmful skin irritating chemicals which further cause damage to your skin. These products are also expensive and everyone cannot afford to buy them.
It is possible for you to save your skin and money by using some simple and natural skin lightening remedies which can give you bright, healthy and glowing skin. Here are simple and easy ways of naturally lightening your skin.
- Yogurt: It has numerous natural nutrients which are useful your skin. Due to the presence of lactic acid, it works as skin exfoliator and skin brightener. Use the following remedies to lighten skin which is suitable for all types of skin.
- Take small amount of plain yogurt and rub gently on your skin then leave it for few minutes. Rinse it off with water. Do it on daily basis and after few weeks you will start noticing the difference in your complexion.
- Take a teaspoon of oatmeal and mix it with some yogurt and few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply this mask on your face on regular basis. It will moisturize, lighten and soften your skin.
- Oranges: These are a great natural source of Vitamin C and also have skin bleaching and lightening properties.
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice and combine it with a pinch of turmeric. Before going to bed, apply this on your face and neck. Then rinse it off after 20 -30 minutes. Do this on daily basis.
- Take the orange peels and dry them. Make a powder and keep it in a jar. Mix 1 tsp of orange peel powder with 1 tbsp of plain yogurt and apply it on your face leaving for about 20 minutes. Then wash off with water. Use this mask once or twice during week. It will significantly reduce dark spots and uneven skin tone.
- Gram Flour: Another effective ingredient to lighten skin tone is gram flour. It is rich in nutrients that help in keeping skin healthy and glowing. It helps in removing the excessive skin oil and retains skin moisture.
- Take a tbsp of gram flour and mix it with water or rose water to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, neck and hands.
- Leave until it dries and then rinse off with water.
- Honey: It is an amazing natural ingredient which has anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, moisturizing and skin lightening qualities. It moisturizes dry skin and helps to fade the dark spots and freckles.
- Take a tbsp of pure natural honey and apply it directly on your face. Leave it until it dries and then use lukewarm water to wash it. This helps in removing dead skin layer of cells making it brighter and smoother. You can do it on daily basis.
- Make skin lightening mask by combining 1 tsp honey and lemon juice, 1 tsp dry milk powder and a half tsp of almond oil. Mix this well and apply it on your skin gently. Leave this on for 15-20 minutes then wash off. Do it daily.
- Lemon : It is highly effective natural skin lightener and has high concentration of Vitamin C which stimulates the growth of new skin cells. It also has anti-oxidants which are good for the health of skin.
- If you don’t have a sensitive skin then squeeze a fresh lemon juice and apply it directly on your face using cotton ball. You can also directly rub the cut lemon on your skin and leave it for 1 hour and then wash off. The regular use of this will surely lighten your skin tone and will also reduce the appearance of blemishes and scars.
- Take one tsp of lemon juice and mix it with 1 tsp of honey and turmeric powder. Leave this on your skin for half an hour and then wash it with water. You do this on daily basis.
(Before using lemon juice remedies, ensure that you don’t have any cut or wound on your skin as lemon juice can further cause irritation due to its acidic nature. It is also not recommended for sensitive skin or if you have allergy to lemons).