During the past few years, the industry of non-surgical aesthetic treatments has shown a tremendous growth and is now worth above £2bn globally. In the last year, the demand for the non-surgical cosmetic treatments grew by 40% and this percentage is expected to grow every year.
The industry is not just booming in the UK and the USA, there is a global rise in the demand for aesthetic treatments and other parts of the world like Europe, Middle East and Asian countries are catching up fast as more and more clinics are opening each day.
Why are non-surgical cosmetic procedures getting so popular?
There was a time when the only option available to reverse the hands of time was surgical cosmetic procedures. Since the advancement and research in the industry of aesthetic treatments, non-surgical cosmetic treatments like Botox Edinburgh, have taken a forefront. There has been a drastic decline in the number of people who want to go under the knife and a surge in a number of people who want to undertake minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. There are several reasons for this which includes the following;
- Quick and simple treatments: The non-surgical cosmetic treatments are quick and simple. No cutting or incisions are involved. In most of the anti-ageing non-surgical procedures, injectables are used such as Botox Edinburgh and dermal fillers which are quick to administer and have temporary side effects.
- Little to no downtime and quick recovery: The downtime following non-surgical cosmetic treatments is short and for many treatments, there is no downtime like dermal fillers. The patient can resume with the routine activities after receiving the treatment.
- Temporary results: The non-surgical cosmetic treatments have temporary results, for instance, the effects of botox Edinburgh treatment lasts for about 3-6 months which means if you do not like the results it would fade away after few months. You need not live with those for the rest of your life or to undergo revision treatment.
- Few temporary side effects: These treatments have few side effects that are temporary in nature such as mild swelling, bruising, redness, itching and discomfort. These usually resolve in few days following the non-surgical cosmetic treatment if performed under safe and sterilised clinical conditions by a trained and experienced cosmetic practitioner.
- A wide range of treatment options: There is a wide array of non-surgical aesthetic treatment options available for instance if you want to regain your youthful appearance you can choose to have either Botox Edinburgh or dermal fillers or both if required. You can also prefer to have PDO thread lift treatment instead of surgical face lift which gives nearly similar results.
- Health benefits: Most of the people consider botox Edinburgh as a cosmetic treatment but it is also used for wide range of medical conditions such as excessive sweating, migraines, jaw reduction, bruxism, muscle spasms and many others.
- Cost-effective treatments: The cost of non-surgical cosmetic treatments is fairly lower than the surgical procedures. However, repeat treatment is required to maintain long-term results but even then non-surgical treatments cost less so almost anyone can easily afford them.